Sunday, December 27, 2009

Love Story - Final Part

Link to first part: http://richaritwika.blogspot.com/2009/12/love-story-part-1.html

Link to second part: http://richaritwika.blogspot.com/2009/12/love-story-part-2.html

The night had begun and the floor had started getting empty. Parul didn’t know what was in store for her this time. She thought of dropping a mail to Rahul; maybe if she could know the reason why he was still trapped in this world she could save herself. She could be alive.

Hi Rahul,

What is it that you are still trapped in this world?

Thanks and Regards,
Parul Jain


Rahul’s reply

I love this place. This is the place where I use to spent most of my time after joining the office.

This computer is my best friend as it never asks me questions.

The keyboard never cries in the whole day even if it is hurt because of the way I press the keys.

Also after office hours I could do anything. No one to disturb me for doing anything.

On google I could learn something new about the technology and implement it in my code.

It gave me immense pleasure for trying something new, something different. This place gave me peace.

Doesn’t it give you also peace?

Love you always.
Rahul Mehra


Parul’s Reply

You never wanted to have fun in real life? Enjoy with real people?

A real person who could be your mom who cared for you.

Thanks and Regards,
Parul Jain


Rahul’s Reply

There is nothing real. There are no real people. Everyone is mean and greedy.

Everyone wants just one thing to be on the top.

They really don’t care about other people. They just wear a mask and behind this mask there is a very ugly face.

No one will come to help when one is in trouble.

If one is not smart these people can easily take the credit of his/her work on themselves.

My mom also wanted one thing from the beginning that I give my best in whatever I do.

The only thing that made her happy was that I was doing well where ever I was.

And you expect that with these people I could have fun?

Rahul Mehra



Parul’s Reply

My parents are not greedy. I have friends who are not greedy.

Even for your mom your life mattered more than your achievement.

Maybe she had expectations from you like every parent has from their kid. But she never wanted that you die because of her expectations.

We need to learn how to have a balance in life. This place gives us an opportunity to have some fun in office.

Whenever Rohan approached me for some fun activity I said a NO but now I regret it. I should have done some of the things.

I always thought I had a lot of time and I could try these things later. Never realized that death is not in my hands.

After you have come in my life I have realized the importance of people in my life. Realized the importance of my life as a whole.

I know my emotions are not going to change what you have decided. You will still kill me.

So what do you plan to do after I die?

Thanks and Regards,
Parul Jain


Rahul was angry with Parul’s reply. Parul’s monitor had started blinking in anger. Parul was pushed back along with her chair with a great speed. Her back was hit badly by the back rest of the chair. She felt like someone had held her hands tightly to the arms of the chair. The pain which she was having was unbearable. She gave a loud shout in pain. Then with her chair she was dragged close to her monitor. Rahul’s mail popped up on her machine.

I have been seeing that you are getting close to Rohan these day.
If you don’t stop talking about him your death will happen today itself.

Now suddenly you feel that you want to have fun with real people. Spend time with real people.

You are also selfish and greedy like others.

You are working late nights because of your personal reasons.

But don’t worry after your death you will not get a chance to be selfish.

You will also be trapped like me in this place forever.

Waiting for your death.

Love you always.
Rahul Mehra


Parul’s reply

You miss your mom a lot isn’t it. Even I love my parents a lot.

I am not selfish. Its just that the work culture is like that.

I come to office by 9 or 10 and from 11 there is a call from onsite.

Sometimes this call extends into the lunch hour and I have to miss my lunch.

The work is mostly assigned after lunch time so I start working in the second half.

My mind responds slowly because the freshness of morning is not there.

The same task which I could do in 3 hours in the morning takes me 4-5 hours in the evening.

Late in the evening again I have to call by 8 or 9 and give an update on the work.

By then some more task is assigned to my queue.

I cant leave the work assigned to me like that and so I sit back to finish it.

Thanks and Regards,
Parul Jain


Rahul’s reply

But have you raised a concern over the work culture. No right so it means you are fine with it.

You have no problems in anyway and you are ready to punish your body.

With this kind of stressful life anyways you would have died someday.

So now stop thinking about your death because your parents were anyways going to miss you.

Also those real people with whom you had fun are going to miss you.

I hope this is now clear to you. You can leave now.

Love you always.
Rahul Mehra


Parul took the lift. She had never thought her job could be a problem to someone and it could become a reason for her death. She thought was she really selfish? What was it that she never tried to change the working culture? Why couldn’t she ask onsite to assign her task through mails and she could give status update through mail. Why she never asked onsite to assign her task by 8:30 AM because that was the offshore time. Why did she waste her time on calls? She thought shouldn’t people at onsite be good enough at writing skills so that everything was clear in mails. By then she realized the lift was not moving. She pressed the button again but the lift didn’t move. She picked up the extn inside the lift but it was not working. She started hitting the lift door in a hope that someone would hear and come to help her come out of it. Finally it started working and she was at the ground floor. Before anything new happened with her she just ran out of the office. Her life was getting scary.

It was 12 AM and suddenly there was thunder and lightning. It started raining. She doesn’t know how come suddenly I started raining. There were no umbrellas in any building. She was drenched in rain. She sat in the cab but she was shivering; she was feeling cold in the wet clothes. She was finally home but she knew this was her last day. She was going to die; her death day had come. She thought that if she didn’t go to office and stayed in a temple; prayed for her life she could survive. So next whole day and night she was in the temple; praying to god for her life. She kept saying sorry for the mistakes she had done in her life. The day was over and the night had come; the time for which she was waiting to know whether she will survive or she will die.

Thankfully the day was over and she was alive. But will this help her the next day also. To find that she had to go to the office. She came to office and switched on her monitor. A mail from Rahul was there.

I wanted to be the first one to wish you and hope my wishes reached you through the thunder and lightning.

Since you have realized the value of your life, I will spare your life. But remember you will have to take care of this life or else you will surely die.

All those people who for who don’t care for their health I give them a chance to improve and if they don’t then I take away their life.

I still love you and I will surely wait for your death.

Love you always.
Rahul Mehra


She mailed Rahul for saving her life but the mail bounced back and this gave an assurance to her that she was alive. Parul was happy and excited yes it was over and she was alive. She was thankful to God for saving her life. She could never imagine that a ghost had fallen in love with her and she was about to die. She pinched herself to make herself believe that she was alive. Her mind was working and she could hear her heartbeat. She could feel her breath. She also invited Rohan and her project team for a party. Everyone thought it was a party for her birthday but only Rohan and she only knew the actual reason.

The reason was having a life; having a life gifted by a ghost to her. She made a promise to herself that she will not sit late nights in the office. Also she made a promise that she wont be coming to office on weekends. The party was great and everyone enjoyed a lot with music, dance and good food. Even Parul danced on the floor and everyone complimented her saying that she is a great dancer. Parul was happy, excited and crazy. Rohan could sense her excitement; maybe he could not understand how it feels escaping death but he was happy that Parul was alive.

After one year, Parul’s lifestyle has changed. Now she doesn’t sit late nights in office. She has got a life where she spends quality time with her friends; she goes out for movies, parties, accompanies her friends for shopping. Infact she has found her love of life and she is going to get engaged with him soon. She is taking 15 days of break from office and going home for her engagement.

BTW Parul is not getting married to Rohan as he is already married and has a beautiful wife and a lovely daughter. Rahul not only made Parul realize the importance of having sometime for her personal life but also made Rohan realize how important it is for him to spend time with his wife and daughter. Rohan always found it difficult to find time for his wife and was always busy with work but after his interactions with Parul he realized that if he plans things properly he can have ample time for both work and family.

Well that is about Rohan now coming to Parul’s love life where she met Swapnil through mails only. It so happened that there was a chain going on and people were discussing about some topic related to ghosts and Parul also replied to the topic and shared her views about the topic. Swapnil liked her views and felt they were interesting. He just replied saying that he liked her views and that’s how their conversation started. After that they discussed various topics and finally Swapnil requested for meeting her in person and having some good time together over a cup of coffee. Parul agreed to this and after a few months he proposed her for marriage.

Just a day before her engagement she went out for shopping and on her way she was talking to Swapnil over her mobile. While crossing the road also Parul was engrossed in talking over the phone that she didn’t realize to look around and see whether any car was coming on the road or not. And this mistake cost her life. That day was her birthday and one careless mistake had taken away her life. Blood flowing out of her body profusely and there was no one to help her. By the time help arrived she was already dead. When Parul’s dead body arrived home, her mom was crying and calling out her name. Her mom was not able to accept the fact that her daughter was dead. Suddenly Parul got up scared on her bed and realized that it was just a dream and she was still alive. She went to her mom and dad; hugged them tight and kept saying I love you both.

Before her engagement she opened her mail and there was a mail from Rahul.

Hi Parul,

Congratulations. So finally you are getting married and I am very happy for you.

Maybe you were right about the reason why I am still trapped in this world.

I worked late nights and didn’t take care of my health thinking that I have to earn a lot so that I can make my mother happy.

But now I know it wont be money which would have made her happy but me being alive today.

I want you to be alive till your parents are here.

It’s a pain for the parents to see their young kid die from some irresponsible acts done by their child.

One more thing you will keep getting dreams where you will get to know how you can avoid death.

I will be there to guide you; save you from unnatural death incidents.

I still love you and yes I don’t wish to be just a ghost in your life but become your angel; an angel who will help in solving your problems.

Was in love; still in love; will always be in love.

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul Mehra

Rahul made Parul realize not only the importance of her life but also the importance of others associated with her life. He really became her angel and made sure Parul had a beautiful life till she was alive.

Some stories have ghost in it…. The end.

P.S. So how is the story?
P.P.S. I changed the end because people didnt like the idea of Parul dieing at the end.
P.P.P.S. Also I wanted a message to be passed on to people and I hope they have got the message :-)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm nice story .keeping readers interest alive! Its a gud hobby to indulge in!

Richa Ritwika said...

Thanks Pavas. :-)

Unknown said...

hi..
i am surprised at the ending...i thought it to have a happy ending..
but ...
nywaz at the end Rahul was happy..but u didn write about parul..was she happy to be wid Rahul or her ghost also kept stuck in the computer..
but was a nice story...
keep it up..
waiting for some other stories..

Ben said...

Good Lord, deliver us from all workaholics,Amen.

Unknown said...

hey richa, nic story dear,and most importantly it conveyed a nic msg esp 4 the software ppl....gud work..keep it up...

NISHANT KUMAR said...

nice fundas....
ghost in comp
mails from ghost
thunder lightning
phone DEAD
lights OFF

yaar tune to saare masale daal diye... nice story... chal tere ko Booker prize diya... Congratulations!

next "project" kab soroo kar rahi ho... do keep us updated...

Unknown said...

nice assembled end richa... gr88 work done.... u knit the thread very carefully till end n kept the reader tied to it....

ATB...

Jiya said...

nice story

chaitu said...

Awesome story indeed....
Quite thrilled to have a ghost as a lover in your life..
hope i can get one ghost as a lover in my life too..

ABanerg said...

Richa, this is an awesome story. U don't know how much I was feeling like stealing it after reading it :-). But one thing honestly, though you've changed the ending..Parul dying in the accident would have been the brst, thrilling ending.

Abhishek Sahay said...

nice one dear.........

Unknown said...

interesting ending...

Kalu said...

i was really so shocked when i read about the accident of Parul on her b'day but when i realized that it was just a dream then i became happy....but really this story can be the good lesson who aren't being able to enjoy this god gifted life......thanks Richa....

raj said...

Wow what a fantabulous story !Loved it ! Second story which left me spellbound after " Usane Kaha Tha"

Such a detailed account[blent with a ghost] of a workaholic person (simply superb didactic tale ).
Seems u wrapped ur own experiences, mingled with a ghost , & an eccentric yet very interesting end ! Well done !
Thanx a tons for sharing it !

Looking forward to read more such voluptuous tales -"Pluto Gone Mad"