Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year Blog

Today is a last day of 2009. Last day of a decade which had some happy and some sad moments. A decade which started with a Y2K fear but at the end everything is going fine. A decade in which we witnessed WTC getting demolished by terrorist attacks. America attacking Iraq and capturing Saddam. Saddam getting hanged in America. India seeing one of the worst terrorist attacks at Mumbai.

3 big states (Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh) in India getting split into two different states. Breaking news and reality shows taking most of the prime time slot on television. A black man becoming the president of America and going inside the white house. The loss of a biggest popstar Michael Jackson. A decade where we got social netowrking sites like orkut, facebook, ibibo or twitter making the world look small over the internet.

A decade in which we saw the longest recession till date. This has been a happening decade for everyone. For me I did my engineering and joined Infosys in this decade. I lost both my grandmothers from the maternal and paternal side in this decade. I started writing blogs and people felt I could be a writer. :-D

This is the decade which has given me a lot of memories to cherish and I am sure that others also have their memories to cherish.

Do you know something more is interesting about 31.12.2009 i.e. today? Well today is a full moon night and this is not a normal full moon night. Dont worry I am not going to say something like Dil Toh Pagal Hai that those who are waiting for love will get a sign to find their loved ones. :-D Its a blue moon night. Remember we often use the quote once in a blue moon so today is that day to see the blue moon.

The info which I could get from google said that this moon is called blue moon when in one month one witnesses 2 times a moon and so the second moon is called blue moon. This happens in a time span between 2-3 years to be precise 2.72 years. So do look at the moon tonight and see whether it really looks blue or not.

In the next decade hopefully I would be married and have 1 or 2 kids. Anyways lets welcome 2010 with open arms and learn from the passing year. :-)

Wish you all a very happy new year and wonderful year ahead.

No comments: