Monday, June 8, 2009

Blood Donation

I know many people over here and other places are still sacred of donating blood. There are lots of myth associated with the blood donation. Here is the list of few myths people have regarding blood donation:-

1. You wouldn’t want my blood. I am of a common group?
We constantly need donors of all blood groups


2. Nobody has ever asked me to donate blood?
Consider yourself invited!


3. I am too old!
If you are between 17 and 60 yrs & in good health you can donate!


4. But I am underweight!
Not, if you are 45 Kg or more, and in good health, you can donate blood .


5. Oh! But I am anemic !
We test for anemia before every donation.


6. But it will make me weak?
Blood Donation has no ill effect on the body. You can resume your routine duties immediately after blood donation. The body in short time recoups the amount of blood donated and you can donate blood again after 3 months.


7. I am too busy & it is too convenient!
The entire procedure of blood donation takes about 15-20 minutes whereas Blood Donation is just 5 minutes job!


8. But is it safe to donate blood?
Yes! Absolutely safe - all equipment used is sterile and disposable. Thus, there is no risk of any infection including AIDS

If you still have any concerns and feel scared to donate blood then just visit a blood donation camp. Talk to the people taking/giving blood and then I am sure that you would love to donate your blood. Its not at all a painful process. Donate blood and feel lucky that you would be saving someone’s life.

1 comment:

Gaurav-Ghanshyam said...

how many times have u donated u'r blood?"
also describe the conditions y u donated.. wen was it last time donated...?

wat is u'r blood group..??